August 25, 2011

Posted by We The Pakistanis 0 Comments Category:

Saeed Ajmal working on 'secret delivery'

Ajmal says he is saving his new 'secret delivery' for the England series. PHOTOS: AFP
LAHORE: Cricketer and ace spinner Saeed Ajmal said, on Wednesday, he is working on a new type of delivery, which he will bowl in an upcoming cricket series against England.
In an interview with PakPassion.net, answering a question whether he actually bowled a new type of delivery, on which he was working on, during the World Cup, Ajmal said “I didn’t bowl it because I wanted to stick with my best and most reliable deliveries in such a high profile tournament. I just never got a chance to experiment with it, but I’m still working on it. I am hopeful of bowling it soon.”
Asked whether he would bowl the new delivery in the upcoming series against Zimbabwe, Ajmal replied “No. I’m saving it for the series against England.”
The spinner also refused to reveal the kind of variation in his ‘new type of delivery’, calling it “top secret”.
He also said that he was not thinking about retirement at all, adding,”My aim is to become Pakistan’s best bowler and also, to be top bowler in the world. Only after that will I consider retiring from the game.”
Ajmal said he was working hard on his batting too.
“Shahid Aslam, who was serving as assistant manager and batting coach has worked with me on my batting. We’ve been working very hard during practice and it’s beginning to pay off,” he added.


 Source : Tribune.com
=======================================================
Join Our Fan Page = www.facebook.com/wethepakistanis 
Visit Our Website = www.wethepak.com =======================================================

0 comments: